LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
To apply for LIHEAP assistance, you need to submit the following:
- A completed Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Application. Please be sure to include contact information, address, household member names, all nine digits of each social security number, signature and date of signature.
- Copies of social security cards for all household members as well as their birth dates (if your household currently receives food stamps, only the social security numbers and birth dates are required).
- Current heating bill (natural gas, propane, electric, fuel oil, wood or kerosene).
- Current electric bill (Ameren or Kirkwood Electric).
- Copies of income documentation such as paystubs for the prior month, current award letters, pension statements, etc. If your household currently receives food stamps, income documentation is not required.
- A copy of your shut-off notice if your account is in disconnect status.
To be eligible, you must meet each of the following:
- Be responsible for paying for your home’s heating and cooling costs.
- Be a United States citizen or legal resident.
- Have $3,000 or less in your bank accounts, retirement accounts or investments.
- Meet the following income guidelines:
|Size of Family Unit||Monthly Income||Annual Income|
There are 4 ways you can apply:
- Apply online at https://mydss.mo.gov/energy-assistance.
- Download an application from CAASTLC’s website at https://www.caastlc.org and mail it to 2709 Woodson Rd, Overland, MO 63114 or fax it to us at 314-446-4480.
- Email your application to our Energy Department at email@example.com.
- Visit one of our office locations:
2709 Woodson Rd, Overland, MO 63114 (Main office) or 26B North Oaks Plaza Northwoods, MO 63121
- Applications are processed within 30 business days unless you have a disconnection notice or are already terminated from services.
- For services that are off or in threat, applications are processed within 48 to 72 hours.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a letter in the mail notifying you of whether you have been approved or denied.
Continue to pay your utility bill.
- Contact CAASTLC’s Energy Department at 314-446-4420.
- Contact CAASTLC’s LIHEAP Application Tracker at 314-446-4422.
- For services with Spire: Contact Spire and request a “3013 form”.
NOTE: A 3013 form will transfer service from your old address to your new address.
- For services with Ameren: Contact Ameren to have services transferred from old address to new address.
- If you have not moved since receiving LIHEAP assistance, all you need to do is submit your current disconnection notice to receive additional assistance.
NOTE: Be sure to write your social security number and phone number on the bill and submit the bill to CAASTLC.
- If you have moved since submitting your most recent application, you’ll need to submit a new application with your new address and have your utilities transferred to your new address.
- Contact CAASTLC’s Energy Department at 314-446-4420.
- Contact CAASTLC’s Energy Application Tracker at 314-446-442.
- Pledges that don’t post immediately will be reflected by your next billing cycle.
- When LIHEAP assistance, which is federal money, is used to make pledges, the utility company is required to enroll you in a budget billing program.
- Anyone applying for LIHEAP assistance is required to complete a new application once every program year. The program year begins October 1st and ends September 30th.
- For winter assistance, households with disabled members or members aged 60 or over can apply beginning October 1st. For such households, any pledges or payments will begin starting November 1st. Proof of age or disability is required. All other households may apply beginning November 1st. For such households, any pledges or payments will begin starting December 1st.
- You may have only received assistance with one utility payment because you do not owe money on one of your bills, your service is not in danger of being shut-off, or you did not submit a Crisis Statement outlining your need for assistance with the additional bill.
- Services do not have to be in threat or off to receive a one-time payment towards one (1) fuel type year between October 1st and September 30th. To receive additional assistance with your electric or gas utilities after receiving a one-time payment, you must have received a disconnection notice, are already terminated from service, or submit a crisis statement.
- You must sign a release form so that CAASTLC can send an Employee Wage Documentation Report to your employer and provide your employer’s fax number or email address to CAASTLC so that we can send this document to your employer’s human resources department.
- No. However, the primary account holder who resides in your home must be listed on the application and be at least 18 years of age.
- Once your LIHEAP application has been approved all you will need to do is to submit your current disconnection notice with your social security number and phone number indicated on the disconnection notice. If you have moved since submitting your most recent application, you’ll need to submit a new application with your new address and have your utilities transferred to your new address.
|Employment Services||314-446-4431||Weatherization||314-863-0015 option 2|
|Case Management||314-446-4443||Food Pantry||314-446-4467|
|Anger Management||314-446-4455||Drug and Alcohol||314-446-4455|
|Water Assistance||314-446-4438||Seeds of Hope Farm||314-446-4449|
|Air Conditioning Units (for elderly and disabled individuals only)||314-446-4443|