CAASTLC now has SkillUP funds for training!
SkillUP is a free program that helps SNAP (Food Stamp) recipients get help with skills, training, and employer connections to get a job (or a better job).
A SkillUP Case Manager will work with you to create an individual plan to help you reach your goals and start a new career once you complete training.
The SkillUP program can also help you:
- Pay for short-term training and certifications
- Create or update your resume
- Decide on your goals and a career pathway
- Get real work experience
- Connect you with employers
- Connect with resources such as childcare and housing assistance
- Buy clothing, books, supplies, or tools required for a training or a job
The SkillUP Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). The program is also funded through the Administration for Children and Families, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant.
How do I get started?
Fill out the form here and a Case Manager will verify your eligibility with FSD. To access the form click the link below or the QR code .
After you complete the form we’ll reach out to you directly to coordinate the next steps toward skilling up.
SNAP Work Requirements
If you are a SNAP participant who is able to work, you may be required to send the Family Support Division (FSD) proof that you arecompleting at least 80 hours of employment and/or training activities monthly. Hours can also be met through participation in theSkillUP Program. You could be exempt from the work requirement if you:
- Have a dependent in your household under age 18
- Are under age 18 or over age 52
- Already work 30 or more hours per week
- Do not work because of a physical or mental health reason
- Participate with work requirements for TA
- Take care of a child under age 6 or someone who needs help caring for themselves
- Receive unemployment benefits, or applied for them
- Participate in a drug or alcohol treatment program
- Go to school, college, or training program for at least half-time
- Are homeless
- Are Pregnant
- Have circumstances that are beyond your control and require you to stay home
- Are age 24 or under and aged out of foster care at age 18 or older (any state, district, territory, or tribal organization applies)
- Served in any branch of the US Armed Forces, including Reserves/Guard, regardless of the conditions of discharge or release
If you’d like to learn more about trainings that SkillUP can pay for, visit https://scorecard.mo.gov/Search.
Trainings must be completed within One year of start date.
Don’t know where you’d like to work? No worries, a Case Manager will work with you to determine the best workplace that suits your needs.
If you have questions, please contact our SkillUP Case Manger Ambrosia Harrison via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.