Community Action Agency of St. Louis County (CAASTLC) is seeking an energetic and reliable Custodian to perform building maintenance tasks. Overall duties include removing debris, maintaining common areas, assisting with program setup and breakdown, and responding to all cleaning emergencies.
Hours of work for this position are 12 p.m. – 9 p.m., with one hour for lunch.
- Maintain cleanliness of building entrance, lobby, and other common areas.
- Organize and clean trash and waste disposal area, including breaking down cardboard boxes.
- Complete minor building repairs and maintenance (change light bulbs, kitchen water filters, etc.)
- Prepare spaces for programs and special events, and break down after the event.
- Monitor, clean and maintain restrooms.
- Clean up all spills and maintain cleanliness of the building.
- Assist with program supply inventory and organization.
- Inventory maintenance supplies and communicate when supplies are
- Inventory kitchen supplies and organize the cabinets.
- Clean kitchen area and run dishwasher.
- Routinely examine building for safety hazards and report issues to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be responsible and reliable.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on all stakeholder needs, and remain calm and courteous at all times
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, kneel, and reach.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be flexible and dependable. Some morning, evening or occasional weekend hours may be required.
- Ability to communicate via text messaging
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and auto insurance.
If you have the experience and want to be a part of our mission, we’d like to talk with you. Please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, to our Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org